Whether buying new or upgrading, Jim’s Security is a fully accredited member of the Jim’s Group and all work completed is backed by the Jim’s Group $1M work guarantee. We provide the latest innovations, working in conjunction with the biggest and best brands to ensure our solutions are cutting edge and reliable. Police checked franchisees are approved by the largest franchise group in Australia. WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE ANYONE ELSE?
The team at Jim’s Security can design a system to secure your home or business using the latest technology from a range of suppliers. We offer both wired and wireless systems and your alarm can connected to 24/7 back to base monitoring for the highest level of protection, and for those that prefer to self-monitor we offer devices that utilise cloud-based IP/GPRS monitoring.
At Jim’s we believe the highest level of security should combine intrusion detection with CCTV so we also offer packages that combine both of these technologies. At Jim’s we work with a range of security hardware and will always recommend the best system for the job, this includes Bosch, 2GIG, Hills, Yale, Ness and Risco. Your customised security system will be installed by a fully qualified, licensed and police checked Jim’s franchisee.
Bosch is one of the most widely distributed security brands in the Australian market and globally. Thousands of Australian homes and businesses alike use Bosch alarms for the simple fact that they are simple to use and reliable.
Bosch has a significant Australian presence with local R&D and product support and also number of components manufactured locally. Our team can customise a Bosch system for your home or business starting with the packages below.
|Choose your Bosch Package||
Supply & Install
Supply & Install
INTERACTIVE + CCTV |
Supply & Install
Licenced & Police Checked Installers
Jim's Work Guarantee
Motion Detection (PIR's)
Entry Detection (Reed switches)
Optional Wireless Detection
Cloud Connected Mobile App**
Self monitor at no cost**
2 CAMERA DAHUA CCTV SYSTEM INCLUDED
* Suitable for single storey homes with roof space access, wireless options available
** Internet connection required
Do you have a problem with an existing alarm system? We can fix this for you, click below for more information.
Paradox Security Systems
Paradox Security systems widely distributed in Australia and Globally, manufacture innovative and quality alarm products. Paradox alarm systems feature reliable communication technology, flexible expansion and great-looking keypads, and an extensive range of wireless detection devices. The range includes the Magellan Hybrid Wireless alarm panel which is one of a kind with an inbuilt receiver that allows you to combine both wired and wireless devices. This is the ideal security system for any domestic or commercial installations that require up to 32 zones of protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Control Panel – Brains of the entire security system, should be user friendly and can be installed hidden or in an easily accessible location.
- Key Pad – Use to arm and disarm your system, can be configured to arm only specific detection devices if you wish to remain at home (i.e. lower level PIR’s). Can be upgraded to a touch screen key pad for improved aesthetics and functionality.
- PIR Sensors (Passive infrared sensor) – The most commonly used detection device, these use infra-red technology and are available in Pet-tolerant versions.
- Internal Screamer Siren – To startle the intruder and let him know that he has been detected. Due to their high volume, they make it very difficult for the intruder to stay in the home.
- External Siren and Blue Strobe – This will alert neighbours and passes-by that your alarm has been activated.
- Reed Switches – Another form of detection device can be installed on doors or windows to provide detection when these events occur.
- Wireless Key Fob – Allows to you activate and deactivate your alarm remotely.
- Other Forms of Event Detection – Glass break detectors, smoke alarm, flood detection, external PIR.
Whilst a hard-wired system will always be our first choice, Jim’s Security also has a range of wireless security solutions which for homes with limited access to roof space. Wireless components work using RF technology to communicate signals to and from the system and customers can expect battery life of 3-5 years.
The added advantage of wireless technology means the system is portable and can be quickly uninstalled and moved to your new home.
We offer systems that give the option of either 24 Hour Back-to-Base Monitoring or self-monitoring. Back to base monitoring requires PSTN (phone line) or GPRS (mobile) connectivity, whilst self-monitoring is generally setup through hard wired IP connectivity.
Most older alarms systems use PSTN (telephone line) for communications back to the monitoring centre, in most cases this method will no longer function once NBN is installed. To reinstate monitoring you will need to add either an IP or GPRS module to enable communications.