We all tend to think of the home burglar as a shady character dressed head to toe in black, lurking with a balaclava in the darkest part of the night.
But this is not actually the case.
Most burglaries actually occur during the day. In fact, the most common time for your home to be robbed is between 12.00pm and 4.00pm, with the time between 10pm and sunrise accounting for only 17% of break ins.
Also, break ins go up during the summer months, when days are longer and people are more likely to be away from their homes.
Unfortunately, Australia has the 5th highest home break in rate in the world, with 20.3% of Australian homes having been burgled at some point.
This all means that the summer holiday period is a significantly risky time for your home. So, what can you do to keep your home safe this summer?
The single biggest deterrent is a home security system or CCTV system, with over 60% of criminals saying that the presence of security made them move on to the next home.
- Jim’s Security can provide a security system that is;
- Affordable – from only $1195 including after-pay options
- Latest technology – including a mobile phone viewing app
- Secure – with cloud-based storage hosted in Australia
- 24/7 – including built in IR for night vision as standard
- Quality – with a 3 year warranty & the Jim’s work satisfaction guarantee
- Trusted – installed by licensed, experienced security professionals
Now is the time to prepare your home for the holiday season. Jim’s Security can assist with affordable security systems and professional and friendly advice – contact us now on 131 JIM (131546) or book a quote today.