The team at Jim’s Security can design an affordable solution for your business. This can include external and internal surveillance cameras, viewing monitor, continuous recording to a network video device with the option of cloud backup. We have entry levels systems to monitor for shoplifting and more advanced systems that give access to high end analytics such as people counting, number plate recognition, trip wire notifications and facial recognition.
Why you should consider video surveillance in your business?
- Deter criminal activity
- Capture evidence if activity takes place
- Ensure the safety of employees and customers
- Keep an eye on employees to make sure they are productive
What you should do before installing CCTV in your business:
- Tell your staff and any employees in writing about the CCTV devices.
- Outline your expectations of staff in the workplace and their responsibility for upholding the organisation’s privacy obligations.
- Make sure all cameras are in a visible location and put signs at every entrance to let staff and customers know of the surveillance. Do not install cameras in private areas such as fitting rooms, shower areas, toilets or change rooms.
Find out more about privacy laws at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website.
There are also state specific laws in ACT, VIC and NSW about workplace surveillance that you also need to follow if you are in those states.